Graduation Saturday Roll Call

IdaMae D.
on 5/11/12 7:52 pm - Philadelphia, PA

Good Morning PA:

Today is the DAY!!!!!!  Graduation, I will have an MBA Health Administration this afternoon.....

This morning heading to get my hair done.  Still not sure if we are taking the car or the Harley to Graduation...I'd love to ride the Harley, we shall see.....

Hope you all have a wonderful day...

Ida

IdaMae

lynnc99
on 5/12/12 1:57 am
Ida, MANY congratulations on the degree! You have worked hard amid some incredible cir****tances to get through it. Now, tell us that you are kicking back for a while, ok?

I was out fairly early ths morning to get a few groceries, fruit and veggies, etc. Now home, browsing the newspaper, and off to work by 1 p.m.

Get this - last night I went to a local bar (and I don't drink) to hear a hiphop singer (and I really don't listen to hiphop very often). But he is a youngish guy with incredible talent that I have met thru work and a lot of work folks were there to support him. Kind of fun.

I admit that I feel edgy about the holiday tomorrw and want to make a plan for the day. It has never been my favorite holiday, even when the kids were around. And this year I am pretty much on my own for the day. Right now the possibilities include church a farmers market, and maybe the beach for a couple of hours. I could deal with that, right? And I did buy myself a pair of earrings as a mothers day gift. (Also might get a phone case since I have totally destroyed 2 of them in short order....but want to get the "exactly" right one!)

Have a great weekend everyone!
IdaMae D.
on 5/13/12 8:29 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Lynn, yes, I'm kicking back from school for at least 6 months will let you all know then if it is for good :-)

Still have a lot to do with the house - so no rest for the weary on the horizon....

IdaMae

bvohl
on 5/12/12 4:05 am

Good Afternoon Ida and PA!

CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR DEGREE!! You have SO much to be proud of! Even through all the house stuff you kept on going! You are one STRONG woman!! I really admire you!

Today I got to sleep in, then got dressed and went out to a local thrift store to try and find Dee an outfit for her spring concert on Tuesday. The school actually told us what they should wear. Well not only did I get an outfit for her, but I got a really cute denim jacket for her with a matching denim skirt all for UNDER $20!! YEAH ME!!!! Came back had lunch, gonna do some cleaning, straightening, put away laundry and such. This evening is up in the air.

Have a great day!
The weather is perfect.

Love, Beth

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wvHjqcu/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wvHjqcu/weight.png">>

IdaMae D.
on 5/13/12 8:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Beth!  Yeah on the shopping, I love thrift stores...

IdaMae

musicaldonna
on 5/12/12 8:12 am - PA
Congratulations Ida!  I don't know how you have done it this past year with the house and everything.  You deserve every kuddo there is.  Now you won't know what to do with all your down time 

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers out there.  Hope that your kids treat you all well.
IdaMae D.
on 5/13/12 8:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Donna!

IdaMae

Patricia R.
on 5/12/12 10:12 am - Perry, MI
Congratulations Ida,
I am bringing up the rear today.  I spent the last week in Michigan helping my daughter with the new baby and older kids.  I was rarely on my laptop, so I was not able to check in here.  

I am now in Pittsburgh, on my way home.  I am exhausted and not feeling too well.  Hopefully, I will feel better in the morning.

Hope everyone has a blessed Mothers Day.

Hugs,
Trish

Seek always to do some good, somewhere. Every man has to seek in his own way to realize his true worth. You must give some time to your fellow man. For remember, you don't live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here too.
Albert Schweitzer

IdaMae D.
on 5/13/12 8:31 am - Philadelphia, PA
Thank you Trish - again congratulations on the newest grandbaby!!!!

IdaMae

Laureen S.
on 5/14/12 12:42 am - Maple Shade, NJ
CONGRATS!!! Lots of hard work went into this achievement and there were many obstacles, so it is a very hard won achievement you should be extremely proud of yourself!!!

Hugs, Laureen

My Mantra is that I do not determine my success by the number hanging in my closet, nor will I let the scale determine that success either. . .  It is through trial and error I will continue to grow and succeed. . .  Laureen

"Success is a journey, not a destination."  Ben Sweetland

Most Active
Recent Topics
Dr. Griffins
ballroomdancer810 · 0 replies · 1890 views
12 Years!
Boogaloo · 1 replies · 1987 views
And DS groups in PA
Katetolov · 0 replies · 2673 views